Since its inception Colegio Internacional Torrequebrada was born with a strong international character, described perfectly in its name. At CIT we are aware that in a global world, an international education is necessary to ensure students a professional future without barriers.
Colegio Internacional Torrequebrada (CIT), authorised by both the British Council for Early Years and Primary and the Spanish Education Ministry in Secondary and Baccalaureate, is a member of the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools. Our school has the full authorisation to teach the IB Diploma Programme and became the first school in Malaga to offer this program in Spanish.
This initiative falls within the scope of academic excellence pursued by CIT since its inauguration, and with which it aims to help develop talent and creativity in young students in Malaga, opening doors to the world’s most prestigious universities, to which the IB Diploma gives access. In addition, High School Baccalaureate students enrolled in our school are able to achieve a Dual Qualification: National and International Baccalaureate diplomas.
Cambridge Examination Centre
Torrequebrada International College is recognised by Cambridge to provide preparatory programs to obtain formal qualifications in this institution and is established as one of the Cambridge Centres for English Teaching and Testing in Malaga.
Colegio Internacional Torrequebrada is firmly committed to academic excellence, considering it essential to establish agreements and participation in institutions and organisations to ensure the rigor and recognition of its studies, organisational skills and the values that it promotes.
Among the most significant are:
- International Network of UNESCO Associated Schools
- World International Baccalaureate (IB) Schools
- International Schools Association (ISA)
- British Educational Communications Technology Association (BECTA)
- Cambridge, UK
- KiVa, Finalnd
- Reggio Emelia Children’s Association in Italy
- Horringer Court School and BLS English, Bury St Edmunds, UK
- Centre International d’Antibes, France
- DID Language Immersion Centres, Germany
- Herlufsholm Skole, Denmark
- Powerful Youth, Canada
- Vicente Ferrer Foundation, Spain and India
- Harvard Principals’ Center, USA